Infrared Light Therapy

Infrared Light Therapy

There is nothing quite like a session in a sauna. You feel more relaxed and rested after you are done, and the heat helps relieve sore muscles and improves your overall health and well being. Infrared therapy using light waves between 850-1000 m that penetrate the skin deeper than red light therapy. Studies have shown that this type of therapy may help folks with congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, reduction of chronic pain, weight loss, reduction of stress, and reduction of wrinkles, fine lines, and skin roughness. The client will use our Halo IR Booth, which incorporates infrared light therapy, salt therapy, or both at the same time.

30-min Infrared Light Therapy - $35
30-min Infrared Light Therapy combined with Salt Halotherapy - $45
40-min Infrared Light Therapy - $45
40-min Infrared Light Therapy combined with Salt Halotherapy - $55

Please call 254-295-0010 to schedule or Book Online Here



  • Relief from sore muscles Better sleep
  • Relaxation
  • Weight Loss Detoxification
  • Relief from joint pain such as arthritis
  • Improved circulation
  • Help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome Improved appearance of cellulite
  • Reduce stress
  • Reduction of wrinkles, fine lines, and skin roughness
  • Improvement in people with congestive heart failure and high blood pressure Fewer pre-ventricular contractions
  • Prevention of atherosclerosis

How Does It Work?

Far infrared saunas heat the body directly more so than heating the air around your body, About 20% of the heat goes to heating the air and the other 80% heats your body. When the body is heated up, many of the same physiological effects as exercise are taking place, like increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, greater circulation of blood and vasodilation, increased sweating, raised body temperature, growth hormone release, increased cortisol, and activation of heat shock proteins. By heating the body and raising the body's core temperature, we are taking advantage of numerous effects relating to the endocrine system, cardiovascular health improvements, growth hormone benefits, mental health benefits, weight loss and brown fat producing benefits, inflammation reduction, and many more positive health effects.
Using specially designed panels, infrared saunas radiate infrared light waves that gradually heat the cells of the body, raising the core body temperature. In the process, the infrared rays are penetrating through the various layers of the skin, something that traditional saunas do not do, causing a host of amazing responses that promote recovery, healing, weight loss, skin repair, immune health, mood regulation, sleep promotion and relaxation.
One very important added feature of our Halo IR booth is chromotherapy. In addition to the infrared light, another section of booth emits many colors from the visible spectrum, which is also called chromotherapy. This type of therapy has been used for centuries, and dates back as far as 1500 B.C. Many colors of visible light are used to heal the physical, mental, and spiritual energy imbalance that tends to lead to disease. Each color charges our cells a certain way as a result, and each color gives us a certain amount of energy manifesting as creativity, motivation, happiness, or energy that relaxes our bodies, clears the mind of anxiety and stress, and gives us a good night of rest.

Infrared Light Therapy Contraindications

(below is a list of conditions where individuals should avoid using Infrared light therapy, unless advised to do so by their doctor)

  • Insensitivity to heat Fever
  • Pacemaker or defibrillator
  • Diabetes (possible eye complications)
  • Photosensitizing medications like lithium, melatonin, phenothiazine antipsychotics, and certain antibiotics
  • Tuberculosis
  • Hyperesthesia Metal Implants
  • Defective arterial cutaneous circulation

Infrared Light Therapy Health Disclaimer

The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.The information provided on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Spa Riffic does not give medical or pharmalogical advice and as such should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice.